Student Presentations: How to Use Your Brain
In this engaging and empowering presentation, students learn about how their brains work and gain valuable skills for achieving their goals. The presentation begins with several interactive exercises to grab participants’ attention and then goes on to connect content directly to students’ own goals. Key concepts of brain function and development are covered in clear, accessible language and followed by specific techniques for sustaining attention, managing stress, and supporting achievement.
Topics covered include:
- the basics of brain structure and function
- how learning happens in the brain
- concrete, brain-based study strategies including highly effective reading and memory techniques
- strategies for managing stress and promoting mental health
- the truth about social media and video games